Financing is fundamental to the success of any business organization, public and private alike. Our Business Law Group, therefore, regularly advises all manner of clients on the various financing alternatives available.
Forms of financing can vary widely. They include:
- Bank or institutional loans
- Private placements of debt
- Private equity securities
- Venture capital
The members of our Business Law Group represent clients in the often-complex process of structuring sophisticated financing to closing, once the terms have been determined.
- An early-stage health payment systems technology company engaged Hemenway & Barnes to help the start-up through multiple rounds of venture capital-led financing.
- A private equity fund needed help with a $4 million investment in a confections company. The firm provided counsel for the investment, which was made in multiple tranches in different stages of the company's business cycles.